

Morning worship here on the Lord’s Day is at 11:30. It does take some getting use to. I think I much prefer 9:30 or 10:00. Anyway, this morning I preached in another congregation. Seeing that it is right on the shore of the North Sea it was appropriate that I preached on Mark 4:35-41, the story of Jesus stilling the sea. The singing (exclusively of Psalms and non-instrumental) was grand and we knew or could follow most of the tunes (We sing from words-only Psalm books, a Psalter approved by the Church of Scotland in 1650.)
Between the worship services(they worship at 11:30 and 5:00) we were at Geanies’ House, the home of Roderick and Flora MacKenzie and the offices of Christian Focus Publications. We had a wonderful time in this castle-like home and enjoyed the food and fellowship of the MacKenzies. I was prevailed upon to preach again at the 6:30 service in Tain.
Between the worship services(they worship at 11:30 and 5:00) we were at Geanies’ House, the home of Roderick and Flora MacKenzie and the offices of Christian Focus Publications. We had a wonderful time in this castle-like home and enjoyed the food and fellowship of the MacKenzies. I was prevailed upon to preach again at the 6:30 service in Tain.
No comments:
Post a Comment