Friday, November 19, 2010

Of All Signs!

As we drove through Fingal, a small Canadian hamlet, we passed this Presbyterian Church. We were quite shocked to find a warm welcome!

We concluded that there must be more than one Pastor John van Eyk, since we were certain we had return tickets to our beloved Scotland!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

MrsGoose said...

Wow! That is neat! :-)

Diane said...

Great start to your Canada memories lane! I love the 'Welcome J VanEyk' post. That's too perfect. It was great having you folks in our homeland.

Carole said...

awww, welcome home. That sign is shocking! What beautiful pictures with the happy grandparents. :) It was so wonderful to see you again!! Enjoy settling back in and your cozy winter ahead in the highlands. lots of love!

Marlene said...

I'm sure it's great to be home. Great pictures of the grandparents. Mom was telling me how Mark took to her instantly. She enjoyed having you.

Lucy van Eyk said...

It was funny to talk to people in NA who have never admitted to looking at my blog until I saw them in person. Except for you few faithful commenters, I was ready to give it up. It's always good to hear from you! We enjoyed seeing most of you. I didn't get to see MrsGoose but saw her parents at Riverside.

Michael said...

Thank you for shareing some photos of you recent trip to Canada.