It doesn't seem like that long ago that Lucy broadcast the fact that her husband was turning 40. Well, 14 months later it is her turn. How wonderful that she reaches this age 5 hours earlier than she would have were we still living in Canada. I didn't feel the need to post an up-to-date picture of Lucy, because, truth be told, she hasn't changed that much from her youthful beauty.


Some of you might remember that on my birthday Lucy invited you all to comment with the goal of having 40 messages with the somewhat dubious prize of the 40th person receiving a personal phone call from me. In the picture above Joanne is 10. You do the maths.

Well, since Lucy excels me in so many other ways, my goal is for her to receive more than the 65 messages I received. The prize for the 40th? Well, let's keep the prize a surprise!


The children join me in thanking the Lord for the blessing of such a loving wife and mother.
56 comments:
Happy 40th Lucy!!! We hope you have a wonderful day with your family!
Both Larry and I just turned 40 as well. Larry in November and me in January.
Your family is beautiful! Precious gifts from God.
Diana & Larry
well I guess this deserves a comment! Happy Birthday, Lucy! I hope you get some lovely birthday cake made for you.
love, the Nymanns
Happy Birthday Lucy! God's blessings to you and yours.
Rob & Karen
Happy 40th Sister!! I love the blog update...its so good to look back in time and count our blessings! I knew your hubby would make it special! Love Diane
Happy Birthday Lucy! Great pics from the past.
Love to all!
Happy Birthday dear friend! (At least you're not spending it in the hospital this year... right?!? no sleging for Kree). I hope you have a great day and enjoy your holiday (from your home at least).
Happy Birthday!!
hb
Happy Birthday!
Merry Birthday, Lucy!
May the road rise to meet you.
With love,
DW, Sarah, Lily, Ruby, and Ava
Happy Birthday, Lucy! Hope you have a wonderful day.
Love, the Enters
Happy 40th Birthday Lucy! Hope that you have a lovely day. May God continue to bless you in this coming year. Lots of love and hugs from the Hortons.
Happy Birthday, Lucy.
Happy, happy, happy! We count it joy to know you. Have a lovely day and enjoy your celebrations. May the Lord give you many more birthdays. Psalms 128:6
McCabes
Happy Birthday, Lucy! I hope you're having a beautiful day over there. :D May God continue to bless you in your next 40 years as he did in the first 40!
Kathryn
Happy Birthday Lucy! May God bless you today and in the coming year! (Say hi to your family from us!)
Duane and Anne Yantzi
Happy birthday sister!!
With thankfulness to the Lord that I know you because I know Him,
Heather Wombwell
Happy Birthday Lucy! When does the
40th victory prize close? Midnight our time or yours? I think I'm the 18th so I'll get back to you in a couple of hours.lol Just called you but you're probably out partying without us. Love you lots.
Linda
Happiest of all happy birthdays to my dear friend, Lucy! I pray your day will be full of the joy of Christ and of all his blessings! We are thinking of you and pray for your family - and thank God for you always!
The Murrays
p.s. I never noticed how many of your children look like you! Wow!
happy birthday Mrs. van Eyk! We miss you.
love Megan and Kate
happy birthday aunt lucy!
hope u have an amazing day & that the family spoils u!
miss u
love ur [favourite ;)] niece
Kayla
Happy Birthday, Lucy, from all of the baileys!
Happy Birthday! Hope you had a lovely day and are enjoying your holiday! Rachel x
Happy Birthday Lucy,
Love you Lots
Mom Van Eyk
Happy 40th Birthday, Hope you are having a wonderful day!
Betty Ann
Happy Birthday!! Hope you had a great day.
Lucy,
Happy 40th Birthday :)
Hope you have an amazing day!
Annalee Roffel
Happy Birthday Lucy!
Jack
Happy Birthday
Adam!
Elisha says Happy Birthday
Happy birthday!!! =) hope you have a wonderful day with your family =~)
love you alot =) Seth
Happy Birthday! We'll miss you at Fifty's!
Happy Birthday, Lucy! We hope you have had a wonderful day.
love, Jess & Renae, Jacob & Eden
Happy Birthday :)
Levi Roffel
Happy Birthday Lucy! It may not be your birthday anymore in Scotland, but it still is here.
Rudy and Kathy and family
not enough comments???
There is still a chance for me....
to possibly be....
the lucky number
40!!!
My dear friend, I hope you enjoy your suprise (if it ever comes) and that you'll know that you are dearly missed and loved. May the Lord bless you with many more years to love and serve him above all.
Happy Birthday Aunt Lucy!! I loved the post uncle John, what a cutie(pictures of aunt Lucy of course)!! Hope you had a great day with your family yesterday!! May the Lord continue to bless you over there. Love ya lots!
Happy Birthday Lucy! I'm a little late to the blog. May the Lord continue to bless.
John, what does comment 43 get? I'm probably technically #40 if we condense 37-40....but I digress--This isn't about me, it's about Lucy turning 40 ;)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!MRS.VAN EYK!
i LOVE THE PICTURES.
THE FIRST ONE REMINDS ME OF ABIEL
GOD BLESS YOU!
LOVE,ANNA
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MRS.VAN EYK!!
GOD BLESS YOU!!
I MISS YOU
LOTS OF LOVE FROM
SOPHIA
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS.VAN EYK
LOVE,MONICA
Keep them coming Baileys!!
WHEN YOU TURN 40 YOU ARE 40 TIMES AS WISE AS YOU WERE LAST YEAR!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!1
DAVID BAILEY
Happy Birthday Lucy. John should know that there are no deadlines for those of us over 40....therefore we think you still have a chance to officially make 65plus comments
Blessings,
Jason
Happy Birthday Mrs. van Eyk,
love Julia Bailey!!!!!
Happy 40th Birthday Lucy. When you look at those pictures, you wonder where has the time gone.
It didn't really hit me until last night that this was your 40th. I am still thinking your in your mid-thirties. Glad to hear you had a great day, and for how long are you vacationing?
Give HUGS to all.
Love Adriana
Happy Birthday Aunt Lucy!!! Hope you have a great one.
~Melissa van Eyk
Happy 40th Lucy!!!! Hope you had a wonderful day with your family. I love the pics when you were little. You can still see the resemblance. May the Lord bless you with many more years. Lots of love from Florida.
Patricia and Bernie
Congrats on your birthday! Hope its a great one!
...Emberlee
Happy belated birthday!! We wanted to wish you a happy birthday on the actual day but our internet was out... Anyways, hope you had a great day! We can see all your children in your baby pictures :) May the Lord bless you for many more! Love the van Eyk's from NC!
Happy Birthday (belated)! Hope you had a lovely day. xxxx
Post a Comment