For those of you who have read our blog since its beginnings, you may remember that John made me a "van Eyk cake" for my birthday. (No you may not have the recipe!) It was very tasty but not quite as high or shapely as it should have been. As my cake for Abiel's first birthday was rising beautifully, I began to envision a blog showing you all what a "van Eyk cake" ought to look like. Well, let me assure you this is how it is NOT to look. If you are wondering, the icing was fantastic. Just look how much Abiel liked it. We are thinking about inviting Mom van Eyk to come from at least December 12- 28th so that she can make us 3 good birthday cakes.
We do have talented mothers...that is John and I. This is the birthday gift Abiel received from my mother. (I think my dad paid for the paint so it was from him too.)

No comments:
Post a Comment