It was a sheer delight to hear that Jon and Kelley were continuing the tradition of making apple cider, though it was kind of depressing to think we woodn't be there to help out. I heard that they invited a number of outciders to help them, or was it Riverciders? I understand that it was a crisp day, which is better than a rainy one . . . that wood have been the pits!
On a crisp afternoon a few days back we spent some time picking up wood, splitting it, and stacking it in our shed . . . and just in time for our first winter snowfall! Though it was a different activity from pressing applecider it reminded us of the many years of doing cider with the Van Dyks. Perhaps we will embark on an annual log splitting day. That sounds appealing! Maybe we can think up some side splitting puns.

4 comments:
wow. groan. that was quite the post :) Hope you had fun logging! I'm trying to post the cider-ing... it was a great time. We missed you, but not your puns.
Come on Kelley, you loved it and even participated in it, if I recall correctly.
You have to admit that the "Rivercider" one was great,or didn't you catch that one? I bet you'll even use it yourself when you blog on your apple cider day.
Miss you guys
punderful.
I keep re-reading that first paragraph... it's brilliant, as Mr. Lucas would say.
Post a Comment